Message from the Principal
August 14, 2009
Dear Parents and Families,
I hope that this letter finds everyone happy, healthy and enjoying what sunshine you can find in between the raindrops! Our uninterrupted time with our children is much too short, and I encourage each of you to make the most of your time with one another.
School begins for 1st and 2nd grade students on Wednesday, August 26th. Kindergarten students should receive notification from their teachers about their start date (August 26, 27, or 28). I encourage and welcome parents to set up a time to meet with me if you have any questions or concerns that you would like to cover before the school year officially begins – or, if you would just like to say hello! Please call Mrs. Dayton at 773-1946 to arrange a meeting if you wish.
- Opening day is Wednesday August 26, 2009. All Northwest grade 1 and 2 parents are invited to meet their teacher on the playground at 8:50 and then join students in the classroom until 10:00am. If you drive, please plan to park in the visitor’s lot or on Pierpoint Ave.
- There will be an afternoon assembly with Principal Hubert for all grade 1 and 2 students in the NW gym at 2:30pm.
- Kindergarten student/family orientation will take place at Northwest on August 26, 27, and 28th. Please watch for mail from your teacher.
- Traffic and Buses – all car riders should be dropped off and picked up in the traffic and parking area at the south end of the Northwest School building. The entrance to the building is clearly marked, and school staff will be available to greet students and families as they come in. If your child rides the bus, you will receive a bus letter from central office with times and location. Please understand that the times listed are only approximations, and some flexibility should be allowed during the first few weeks of school. Students will be greeted by school staff as they arrive in the morning.
There are many new faces joining us at Northwest this year; please look for and welcome the following faculty members:
- Summer Lambert, Kindergarten teacher Shawn Dayton, Lunch/Recess
- Tammi McGee, Kindergarten teacher Soroya Rios, paraeducator
- Annsunee Swift, 1st grade teacher Jamie Gero, paraeducator
- Phoebe Guevin, 2nd grade teacher Katherine Barker, paraeducator
- Matthew Jensen, Special Educator Mark Melvin, Planning Room
- Catherine Troy, Special Educator
- Richard Dow, Math Tutor
- Nancy Temple, Reading Tutor
Once again, we are very excited about the 2009-2010 school year, and the chance to meet all of our children and families. Northwest Primary is a fantastic school, brimming with dedicated educators and capable children. I consider myself fortunate to work in this school community! Please note that our Open House is scheduled for Thursday, September 17th at 6pm.